If you take payment in advance you can just take payment and leave on the folio, but sometimes you will need to create a deposit invoice.
Why Deposit Invoice?
This is generally needed when the guest or company requires the invoice for the deposit payment for their tax records.
- Create Extra for "Advance Deposit" with the correct tax settings (Same as room tax generally)
- Move this extra into a new folio
- Move the payment into folio also
- Create invoice
When guest is at the property and you need to issue normal invoice/receipt.
- Remove the deposit extra from extras, this will create a negative extra
- Move this Negative Value to a new folio which will act as a correctional folio
- Create a refund of the deposit amount and add a note to say its a correctional refund and attach this to the correctional invoice.
- Then Create another payment of equal amount to be used for the final invoice.
Note: This will be automated in near future with a "Get Payment from Deposit Invoice" button
Did this answer your question?
😞 😐 😃