If you find yourself having to refund something that is already made into a receipt then you must issue a "Negative Invoice"
There are 2 ways to do this:
1. Negative Line item
- Create a new extra with a 0 value
- in the folio apply a discount to this extra with the correct amount
- refund the payment in equal amount
- create the invoice/receipt
Add discount to extra:
Refund the guest
2. Modify Room Price (Fastest Way)
You can simply modify the room price for the discount amount and we automatically create the negative line item.
- Edit the room booking price
- Negative line item created in folio
- Refund the guest
Warning: If you have any exclusive taxes or complicated tax setup test this method to see if correct before using in practice. For most tax setups with simple VAT it works well.
Did this answer your question?
😞 😐 😃